HFMN helps service members, veterans and their families navigate support systems through web-based and call-in information and assistance to find the services that are the best fit, and follows alongside these individuals every step of the way.
Our mission is to connect military service members, veterans and their families to resources offered by our trusted community partners and to provide emergency financial assistance.
Connect With Us
- Information about the many resources available for service members, veterans and families
- Help for those who are overwhelmed and don’t know where to start
- Long-term personal & customized assistance to meet multiple and complex needs
- Coordinated support to help you and/or your family thrive
- One-time emergency financial bridge support for eligible individuals and families
- Help with rent, utilities, and transportation needs on a case by case basis
- Connections to financial coaching, benefits assistance and other resources to help individuals become self-sufficient
- Collaborative relationships with community, military & VA
- Education & training on military & veteran culture & best practices
Welcome Home Heroes
Welcome Home Heroes, first established by The Home Front Cares, is an important morale-builder that shows returning soldiers that our community welcomes and appreciates them. Home Front Military Network and several partner volunteer groups meet every plane that arrives in Colorado Springs carrying soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Thanks to a partnership with McDonald’s, we hand every returning service member a cheeseburger and soda, greet them and thank them for their service.
This program also supports welcoming ceremonies for soldiers and families, unit activities, and other functions that are not readily covered by existing military or nonprofit infrastructure.
Because of Welcome Home Heroes, more than 193,000 troops have been welcomed since 2003.